Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not Alone - Darren Criss

Well, I have officially been on my own for a week!  Ahh!  I finally received all of my belongings, thank goodness.  I'm not sure how I accumulated so much, especially when I got rid of so much before moving.  I've officially unpacked my room and some of the living room.  My movies were the first to be unpacked, of course.  A girl's got to have her priorities straight.  It's actually kind of sad when you actually look at it.  I definitely have a problem.  Oh well.

Work is going very well.  I've been trying to soak up as much as I can.  It's very intimidating.  I have to know so much, it's not even funny.  Hopefully I'll be able to get the swing of it soon.  They expect it to take about six months to a year for me to get proficient... which is a daunting number.  A good point is that I am getting very used to booking my own travel plans.  I have successfully purchased a plane ticket for Ottawa and Chicago in the past few days.  I'm headed to Chicago for more in-depth training next Monday, which will be entertaining.  I'm hoping to see a friend while I'm up there if he's back in town yet.  I hope so, it would be nice to see a friendly face!

It's awful being a Cardinal's fan down here, let me tell you.  It's so hard to find a game that's on, it's crazy!  Fortunately, I discovered that the game was on yesterday and I got to watch it while on the phone with my Dad back in Missouri.  We got to watch Albert seal the deal in the bottom of the 12th.  I even got the game five seconds ahead of my dad.  He's 60 miles from the game, I'm 600.  Tell me where that makes sense...

Other than that, life's been pretty quiet for me.  I ventured out and did some shopping yesterday, which was nice.  The Old Navy here is phenomenal, and only 10 min from my house.  I'll probably be a little more adventurous next weekend, I spent a lot of time unpacking.  Tonight I'm going to play it safe, get some sleep and be ready to go for my first real day of work.  (I'll actually be doing some hands-on training, it's going to be good!)

Until next time, good night from Texas!

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." - Proverbs 16:18

No comments:

Post a Comment