Friday, June 17, 2011

The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco

First, let me just comment on the title of this blog.  I've recently purchased Lupe Fiasco's new CD and I must say I'm in love.  It's intelligent, well-written and changes moods too many times for me to count.  Yes, there is some cursing in it, but it's not that big of a deal.  If you haven't heard it yet, you should.  Okay, enough about Lupe.

I just got back from a week-long stay up in Vernon Hills, Illinois.  (It's about 30 min north of Chicago)  I flew up early Monday morning.  Very early.  Like, 4 am early.  Yeah, when the sun isn't up, I shouldn't be either.  Oh well, it wasn't that big of a deal.  Anyways, I was headed up there for training with the guy who did my job before I was hired.  It was intense and there is so much more I need to learn, but I think I've got a great start.  I learned a lot and I think I'll be much better prepared for the job now.  We'll see what happens Monday!

The best part about this week?  Catching up with old friends, for sure.  I was able to catch up with Justin and his awesome wife Megan, which was great.  We reminisced on old accounting times and had some pretty delicious spaghetti.  Then I got home tonight and was greeted by a phone call from one of my best friends, Andy.  We caught up on life, plans, and nonsense.  It was great.  I really made me realize how much I miss my friends, but also how to never take them for granted.  They're a great bunch of people and I'm so fortunate God blessed me with so many.  God also blesses me with special surprises, such as my super awesome friend Donna coming for a quick visit next weekend!  Yes!

I guess I'll end this post with a humiliating about my trip that my mom and sister found particularly entertaining.  So, when I had parked Monday morning, I had parked at the wrong terminal.  No big deal, right?  I just jumped a ride to the right one.  Well, when I arrived today, I just jumped a ride to that terminal and looked in the parking garage.  I pulled the whole "hold your alarm button until you hear your car" trick.  I made it all around that parking garage.  Not a sound.  I was starting to worry.  As I made a second pass, a man who had obviously recognized me wandering around asked jokingly if I had lost my car.  Oh, how right he was.  Then he informed me that there were actually three parking garages for that particular terminal.  Yeah, that's right.  Three.  So I made my way to the next one.  Nothing.  I searched up and down and no luck.  I then ventured to the third parking garage and, finally, I heard that sweet alarm.  That's right, an hour and fifteen minutes later, I succeeded in finding my car.  Awful, right?  Oh well.  Until next time, farewell from (now dark) Texas!

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

No comments:

Post a Comment